A script is a collection or stack of blocks that all interlock with one another. The blocks and their order are very important, as they determine how sprites interact with each other and the backdrop.
Scripts are easy to work with. Some “rules” are as follows:
- To create a script, one simply has to drag blocks out of the Block Palette and assemble them.
- To assemble blocks, they must be dragged on, below, or in another block. (Except for Hat Blocks.)
- To disassemble blocks, they must be dragged apart.
- To remove a script, drag it into any of the block palettes, or right-click the hat block and press delete.
- To start a single script just click on it.
Every block shape is designed so that it can do one or more of the following:
- Start a script
- Add to the end of a script
- End a script
- Fit inside other blocks.
- Contain other blocks.
Because of that, blocks can be assembled to create a script like a jigsaw puzzle. This prevents syntax errors.