The Stage is the term for the background of the project but can have scripts, backdrops (costumes), and sounds, similar to a sprite. It has some restrictions on sprite functionality, such as motion and size blocks.
No sprites can move behind the Stage — the Stage is always at the back layer.
Differences from Other Sprites
There are many differences between the Stage and other sprites. These include the following:
- Is stationary — thus,
- Cannot use Motion Blocks
- Cannot use any Pen functions, other than Clear
- Has no size blocks
- Has no “touching” blocks in the Sensing category
- Has no “distance to” block in the Sensing category
- Cannot talk — thus
- Has no “Say” or “Think” blocks in the Looks category
- When asking, places the question above the text box rather than in a speech bubble.
- Has backdrops instead of costumes
- Cannot be renamed
- Has no “show” or “hide” blocks in the Looks category
- Cannot change layers — it is always at the very back layer.
- Must have a 480×360 dimension
- Space in backgrounds left transparent becomes white automatically in the bitmap