Analog Input – Making Sprite Move using Potentiometer
Students will learn the following things:
- What is analog input and how to do it in PictoBlox.
- What are evive’s Potentiometers and how to read their state using potentiometer () reading block?
- Activity 1: In the activity, kids will move a mouse sprite using the potentiometer by changing the direction of the sprite.
- Activity 2: Controlling the brightness of the LED using potentiometer.
1 set of the following material per group of 3-5 students:
- What is analog input?
- Which evive pins are used for analog input?
- How to use read analog pin () block to get the analog state of the selected pin in PictoBlox?
- What is the range of value you get from the block and its significance?
- What is evive’s potentiometer?
- How to read the state of potentiometer using potetiometer () reading block in PictoBlox.
- Making a sprite control in PictoBlox where a mouse movement is controlled by changing the direction of the mouse using potentiometer 1 of evive.
- Making a script to control the brightness of the LED using PWM and potentiometer 1.