Basics of Electronics – Current & Resistor
Students will learn the following things:
- What is current, resistance, conductors and resistor?
- What is units and symbols, and why they important?
- How to identify the value of the resistor using color code.
1 set of the following material per group of 3-5 students:
|Component||Image||Quantity||Available in Bundle|
|220 Ohm Resistor||1|
|1 kOhm Resistor||1|
|4.7 kOhm Resistor||1|
|10 kOhm Resistor||1|
|1 MOhm Resistor||1|
- Why it is important to have a closed-loop?
- How water is analogous to charge?
- The flow of water is analogous to the flow of charge (current).
- The direction of flow.
- What is resistance
- How it affects the flow of charge
- Units and symbols for voltage, current, and resistance.
- How to measure its value using color code.
Measuring resistance of 3-4 different resistors using color code.