Beetle in the Maze
- Creating a game in PictoBlox whose aim is help a beetle reach the end of the maze without touching the boundaries. The beetle will navigate around using the navigation key of evive.
In this activity, students will make an animated game in PictoBlox where beetle needs help to come out of the maze without touching the boundaries. The beetle will navigate around using the navigation key of evive.
1 set of the following material per group of 3-5 students:
- Getting the sprite (Beetle) on the stage.
- Setting up the background of the stage to a maze.
- Connecting evive
- How navigation key block works and how to get all the state:
- Making a script to move the beetle in up direction when the navigation key is pressed up.
- Making script for the other three directions.
- Making the script for initializing the game so that every time the game starts at one position.
- Making the script for moving beetle to the start position when it touches the boundary of the maze.
- Making the script for the game over when the beetle touches the apple.