Follow Me Robot – Programming
- Programming the robot to follow the object according to the sensor readings.
In this activity, kids will make a follow-me robot, an autonomous robot, which uses two IR sensors to follow the object in front of the robot. The procedure for making the complete robot requires the following steps:
- Assembly of the robot
- Connecting the IR sensors and motor to evive.
- Calibrating IR sensors to detect the object in front of it
- Understanding the logic of the robot
- Programming evive to replicate the above logic
- Testing and debugging of robot
We will do steps 4-6 in this lesson.
1 set of the following material per group of 3-5 students:
|Component||Image||Quantity||Available in Bundle|
|Dual Shaft BO Motor||2|
|BO Motor Mount||2|
|Acrylic Part: Base Plate||1|
|20mm M3 (Female to Female)||3|
|M3 bolts of 8 mm Length||10|
|USB A-B Cable||1|
|Male to Female Jumper Cable 20cm||20|
|Screw Driver (+)||1|
- Understand the logic of the robot for proper working.
- Making a flow chart for the logic.