Introduction to Programming
- Creating a script to make Tobi (a sprite) walk on the Stage.
The students will learn:
- What is a program?
- Introduction to PictoBlox and its interface:
- Activity: Making a script to make Tobi walk on stage.
1 set of the following material per group of 3-5 students:
- Define program
- Break down the process of programming into three stages:
- Testing and debugging
- Make an anlogy of process of changing cloths to understand the meaning of program
- Introduce PictoBlox – Scratch programming tool to students.
- Explain the interface:
Make a program where Tobi is walking on the stage. This will clear the concept of stage, script, blocks and script.