LED Circuit with Switch and Potentiometer
- Making a circuit to control an LED's brightness using evive's potentiometer.
- Making a circuit to control an LED's state - (ON/OFF) using a switch.
Students will learn following things:
- Activity 1: How to control the brightness of a LED using potentiometer?
- Activity 2: How to control the state of the LED using a switch?
- Classroom Assignment: How to control the brightness and the state of the LED using a potentiometer and a switch?
1 set of the following material per group of 3-5 students:
|Component||Image||Quantity||Available in Bundle|
|Male to Male Jumper Cable 20cm||10|
|Male to Female Jumper Cable 20cm||10|
|220 Ohm Resistor||1|
|10 kOhm Resistor||1|
- Make a LED circuit using the potentiometer to control the brightness of a LED when you change the position of the potentiometer.
- Make a LED circuit using the switch to control the state of the LED, where when you press the switch the LED will glow and when you release the switch it stops glowing.
- Let students make a LED circuit, where they will control the brightness and the state of the LED simultaneously using potentiometer and switch.