Obstacle Avoiding Robot
In this activity, kids will make an obstacle avoiding robot which is an autonomous robot and detect obstacles coming in front of it and avoid it using the ultrasonic sensor. The procedure for making the complete robot requires the following steps:
- Assembly of the robot
- Connecting the ultrasonic sensor, servo motor, and motors to evive
- Understanding the logic of the robot
- Programming evive to replicate the above logic
- Testing and debugging of robot
- Day 1: Assembly and testing of servo motor and motors (Skip the assembly of the basic robot if you have already done the smartphone-controlled robot as most of the things are repetitive).
- Day 2: Teach how to interface the ultrasonic sensor to get distance using evive and understanding the logic of the robot.
- Day 3: Programming, testing and debugging of the robot.
1 set of the following material per group of 3-5 students:
|Component||Image||Quantity||Available in Bundle|
|USB A-B Cable||1|
|Dual Shaft BO Motor||2|
|BO Motor Mount||2|
|Acrylic Part: Base Plate||1|
|20mm M3 (Female to Female)||3|
|M3 bolts of 8 mm Length||10|
|Micro Servo Motor with Accessories||1|
|Screw Driver (+)||1|
Connect the motor to evive and using evive motor control menu, test if the motor is connected in the correct way.
Making the sensor face front when the angle of the servo motor is 90 degrees.
Connecting the ultrasonic sensor and exploring how to get the distance in PictoBlox.
- Understand the logic of the robot for proper working.
- Making a flow chart for the logic.