Ohm’s Law and LED Basics
- Glowing an LED using evive.
Students will learn the following things:
- Ohm’s Law: The relation between voltage, current, and resistance.
- LED and its property.
- Activity: Making a circuit to glow a LED. Calculating the minimum resistance required to glow the LED safely.
1 set of the following material per group of 3-5 students:
|Component||Image||Quantity||Available in Bundle|
|220 Ohm Resistor||1|
|1 kOhm Resistor||1|
|10 kOhm Resistor||1|
|1 MOhm Resistor||1|
|Male to Female Jumper Cable 20cm||2|
- Discuss the relation between voltage and current using the pump water system.
- Define Ohm’s Law.
- Give an example of how to use Ohm’s Law using a simple circuit.
- Discuss what is LED?
- Discuss the three property of a LED – Polarity, Intensity, and Safety.
- Introduce the power module of evive and how they will use it to power the LED circuit.
- Make the LED Circuit.
- Get the minimum resistor value for the LED circuit using the LED property and Ohm’s Law.
- Change the resistor value and note the effect on the brightness of the LED.