Optical Character Recognition
- Making a gift delivery system
In this lesson student will learn:
- Optical character recognition
- Handwritten text recognition
- Printed text recognition
- Application of text recognition
- Make an AI project in PictoBlox that detects the name of the receiver of a gift from the image and sends it to the receiver. Just so you know, Amazon also uses the same to automate its delivery system.
Key Learning Outcomes
At the end of the lesson, you will be able to:
- Understand what optical character recognition (OCR) is.
- How OCR works.
- Application of OCR.
- Use the AI blocks in PictoBlox to recognize the following types of text from the image:
- Handwritten text
- Printed text
1 set of the following material per group of 3-5 students:
- What is OCR?
- How does OCR works?
- Application of OCR
In this activity, students will make a gift delivery system. Here’s a brief about the situation and what we must do to set up a smooth system:
There are two friends, John and Hazel. They like sending gifts to each other. Since they live in different cities, they decide to do the same to cheer each other up. The gift has the name of the receiver written on it. Our job is to ensure that the gift reaches its correct owner. How are we going to ensure it? With the help of our reliable OCR blocks! Using the camera and OCR blocks, the computer will detect the name and send the gift to whom it is for.