The Hungry Shark Game
- Creating a game in PictoBlox whose aim is to feed a super hungry shark as many fish as you can by controlling it using evive’s potentiometer.
In this activity, students will make a game in PictoBlox where the aim of the game is to feed the shark as many fish as you can by controlling it with evive’s potentiometer.
1 set of the following material per group of 3-5 students:
- Set the background to underwater.
- Add sprite to the game:
- Connect evive to PictoBlox.
- The shark movement using the potentiometer. The shark will start from a fixed center point and will keep on moving until the game is over. Write the script to implement this.
- Testing the script.
- Make the script to clone the fish every 1 second.
- Make the script to assign the movement to the fish after it is created.
- The clone will show up at a random point on the stage and will move a random point in 2 seconds. This adds uncertainty and makes the game fair.
- Every time the shark eats a fish, the Score should
increase. Make a script to detect when the clone touches the shark, then increase the score and delete the clone.
- When the fish sprite broadcasts the message Eat, we want the shark sprite to make a sound and to look as if it has eaten the fish. Write the script for the same.
- To make the game more challenging, you can time the game. Add the timer script in the game.