Controlling Servo Angle using evive Firmware
About This Tutorial
It become very easy for users to test motors and set servo angles without coding evive. In this tutorial we will learn how to control servo motors and set 90 degree angle using evive Firmware.
evive has two dedicated servo motor outputs pins. Signal pin of servo 1 is connected to digital pin 44 and servo 2 is connected to digital pin 45.
In the following example, I will be showing you how to control servo through channel 1. Given below is the circuit diagram:
A Servo pin has three wires (Order to be connected in evive, left to right)
- Brown wire: GND
- Red wire: VCC
- Orange wire: Signal
Once you have uploaded the firmware into evive, go through the following steps:
- In the firmware, the first option is Control. Using the navigation key, click right and you will enter control submenu.
- In control submenu, you will find three options:
- Stepper Motor
Navigate to Servo.
- In side servo motor control you will see another three options:
- Servo 1 (To control servo motor through channel 1)
- Servo 2 (To control servo motor through channel 2)
- Servo 1 and 2 (To control both servo motor)
Select Servo 1 for this case
- Now you will see a panel, where on the left half you see angle set on servo channel 1. Using Potentiometer 1 you can control the servo angle ranging from 0 to 180 degrees.
- Change the potentiometer such that the angle is 90degrees.
Voila! You have successfully learned how to contorl a servo motor using evive firmware.
Servo Sweep using Arduino IDE
In this Arduino Servo Motor tutorial, we will sweep the shaft of an RC servo motor back and forth across 180 degrees using Arduino IDE. Arduino servo code and Servo motor Arduino connection are also given in The content. Arduino Servo Control projects can also be built by this tutorial.
Controlling Servo Angle using Joystick in Arduino IDE
In this joystick Arduino servo tutorial, we will control the position of an RC (hobby) servo motor with a Joystick. evive has plug and play interface to control Servo for robotics. Servo motor Arduino code is also given in the content. This Tutorial also helps in building Arduino joystick servo control project.