Introduction to DC Motors
- Controlling the direction and speed of a DC motor using evive.
Students will learn the following things:
- What are actuators and different types of actuators?
- What is DC Motor and how it works?
- How to control a DC motor speed and direction of rotation using evive.
1 set of the following material per group of 3-5 students:
- What is an actuator and how they usually work?
- Different types of actuators – Electrical, Mechanical, Hydraulics, and Pneumatics. Discuss this in brief only.
- What is the motor?
- Components of a DC Motor – Discuss this only if the students are from class 8th – 10th, otherwise skip the section.
- Magnet – Stator
- Tell how to connect a DC motor with evive.
- Discuss Control Menu and parameters to control a DC motor
- PWM – Speed control
- Direction – Rotation direction
- Let student control a DC motor using evive menu.