IoT – Getting Weather Data from Internet
Students will learn the following things:
- What are APIs and OpenWeatherMap API?
- Activity: Getting the temperature data of a location using evive, ESP8266 and OpenWeatherMaps API.
1 set of the following material per group of 3-5 students:
- What is API?
- What is OpenWeatherMaps API and how it works?
- Create an account on https://openweathermap.org/
- Get the API from OpenWeatherMap.
Display the weather of a location by requesting weather data from OpenWeatherMap APIs.
- Connect ESP8266 to evive.
- Understand the blocks from the Internet of Things extension in PictoBlox:
- Connect to Wi-Fi () with password () block
- Get weather data for latitude () & longitude () with API () block
- get (float) data block
- get (string) data block
- Make the program in PictoBlox and upload.