Making Custom Patterns on RGB LED Strip
The students will learn the following things:
- Blocks to control the individual color of the RGB LED strip.
- Activity 1: Controlling individual LEDs.
- Activity 2: Making a custom pattern.
1 set of the following material per group of 3-5 students:
- What is the RGB LED strip?
- Digital RGB LED strip.
- Connect RGB LED strip to evive
PictoBlox Lighting Extension blocks to control the individual RGB LED:
- Initialise RGB strip () with () LED pixels on pin () block
- Set RGB strip () LED pixel () color () block
- Show RGB strip ()
- Make a script to give a different color each LED.
- Make a pattern where LEDs will glow one by one from 1 to 10. So, for 1 second first LED will glow, then it will be white and the second LED will glow the color for another 1 second. This will go till the last LED and then repeat.